Ramstein Elementary School's Vision Statement
The vision of Ramstein Elementary School in partnership with the military community is to promote educational experiences that guide, focus and challenge all students to reach their maximum potential as productive citizens in a global society.
Kid-Friendly School-Wide Goals
- I can use, show and tell my thinking in math.
- I can read, understand and retell stories
School-Wide Smart Goals
- By June 2015, all students will demonstrate growth in the use of mathematical processes and communication skills as measured by school based assessments.
- By June 2015, all students will increase performance in reading comprehension through a balanced literacy program as measured by school based assessments.
School-Wide Classroom Interventions/Strategies
- Math Journaling Activities using math manipulatives, IXL math, graphic organizers and mental math
- Shared/Interactive Reading/Writing, Guided Reading/Writing using word walls, RAZ-kids, reading counts, journals, graphic organizers, book talks, sudent-generated books, literacy centers, word work and mystery word
Our Accrediting Agency is AdvancED and NCA CASI/SACS CASI. Founded in 1895, the North Central Association Commission on Accreditation and School Improvement (NCA CASI) and the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Council on Accreditation and School Improvement (SACS CASI) accredit public and private schools and districts in 30 states, the Navajo Nation, Latin America and the Department of Defense Schools worldwide.
In 2006, NCA CASI, SACS CASI and the research and development arm of the accrediting associations, the National Study of School Evaluation, unified to form AdvancED. Dedicated to advancing excellence in education, AdvancED provides accreditation, research and professional services to 23,000 schools in 65 countries, serving 15 million students. NCA CASI and SACS CASI serve as accreditation divisions of AdvancED. Through AdvancED, NCA CASI and SACS CASI have defined shared, research-based accreditation standards that cross state, regional and national boundaries. Accompanying these standards is a unified accreditation process designed to help schools continuously improve.
To earn and maintain accreditation from NCA CASI or SACS CASI, schools must:
- Meet the AdvancED Standards for Quality Schools. Schools demonstrate adherence to the seven AdvancED standards, which describe the quality practices and conditions that research and best practice indicate are necessary for schools to achieve quality student performance and organizational effectiveness.
- Engage in continuous improvement. Schools implement a continuous improvement process that articulates the vision and purpose the school is pursuing (vision); maintains a rich and current description of students, their performance, school effectiveness and the school community (profile); employs goals and interventions to improve student performance (plan); documents and uses the results to inform what happens next (results).
- Demonstrate quality assurance through internal and external review. Schools engage in a planned process of ongoing internal review and self-assessment. In addition, schools host an external Quality Assurance Review Team once every five years. The team evaluates the school's adherence to the AdvancED quality standards, assesses the efficacy of the school's improvement process and methods for quality assuranc, and provides commendations and recommendations to help the school improve. The team provides an oral exit report to the school and a written report detailing the team's recommendations. The school acts on the team's recommendations and submits a progress report following the review.
NCA CASI and SACS CASI accreditation engages the entire school community in a continuous process of self-evaluation and improvement. The overall aim is to help schools be the best they can be on behalf of the students they serve.
Permission granted to publish by